Why is chiropractic care during pregnancy so important?
Chiropractors with the body's ability to adapt and function. Chiropractic care during pregnancy can be beneficial for the normal physiological function of both the mother and baby. During pregnancy, chiropractic care focuses on alignment and balance in the musculoskeletal structures of the pelvis. Proper pelvic alignment helps the mother have an easier pregnancy, and can also ease the birth process.
What does this mean for mothers to be?
"...my husband and I welcomed a healthy 8lb baby boy into the world without the use of any drugs or medical interventions. I firmly believe that chiropractic care played a major role in allowing me to carry and deliver a healthy baby naturally..." E.F., 32
Benefits of chiropractic care during pregnancy
- Prepares the pelvis for an easier pregnancy and birth by creating a state of balance in pelvic bony structures, muscles & ligaments
- Removes torsion of the ligaments that support the uterus, thus potentially reducing abnormal tension to the woman's uterus
- Decreases pain caused by improper biomechanics of the pelvis and spine
- Reduces interference to the vital nerve system, which controls and coordinates all of her organ systems and body functions
- Pelvic balance for the mother allows the baby greater room to develop without restrictions to its forming cranium, spine and other skeletal structures
What are the common reasons why pregnant women seek chiropractic care?
Dr. Cristina is certified int he Webster Technique through the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA). This technique is a specific and gentle chiropractic analysis that eliminates interference to the nervous system and restores balance to the pelvic muscles and ligaments. This safe approach creates an environment that encourages optimal baby positioning for an easier, faster delivery. Find out more about the Webster Technique at ICPA4kids.com.