2. Professional athletes LOVE chiropractic! Numerous athletes have credited their chiropractors in helping them perform at their best. (Including this year’s US Open winner, Jordan Speith, who thanked his chiropractor in his winner’s speech at his green jacket presentation!) Other professional athletes who are avid fans of chiropractic include Aaron Rodgers (who’s dad is a chiropractor!), Michael Jordan, Andy Murray, Usain Bolt and Ryback (Just to name a few)! Fun Fact: Doctors of Chiropractic (DCs) are utilized by all 32 National Football League teams! (1)
3. Chiropractors take care of the WHOLE person - chiropractors who use a holistic wellness-centered approach (like Dr. Cristina) focus on the function of the entire spine. This is important because everything in your body is connected, and our bodies can only function at their best when the entire spine is in alignment.
4. Patients LOVE us! Research has shown that Doctors of Chiropractic provide a patient centered, whole person approach to health care marked by greater interaction and better communication, resulting in consistently higher patient satisfaction ratings than other doctors in different fields. (2)
5. The first chiropractic adjustment helped restored a man’s hearing - A man named Harvey Lillard felt something “give out” in his back, and he lost his hearing immediately. 17 years later in 1895, he told his story to a man named DD Palmer, who felt his back and gave him what he referred to as a “crude adjustment” to his upper back. After that interaction, Harvey reports being able to hear again! (3)
6. Chiropractic is beneficial for ALL ages - even babies and kids! There are many stresses on the spine that can happen to babies and children early on in life: the birth process, tumbles as the child learns to walk, sports injuries, heavy backpacks, playground falls, etc. Although these stresses may not result in pain immediately, they can cause an imbalance in the spine as it’s growing and developing, which can set the stage for dysfunction and problems later on in life. Check out our other post on chiropractic care for kids.
7. Chiropractic patients are healthier than the general population - a 7 year study tracked patients who saw a chiropractor as their primary health intervention, and they were shown to have 83% less pharmaceutical costs, 62% less outpatient surgeries, 60% fewer hospital admissions, and 59% fewer days in the hospital. (4)
Are you getting adjusted at Stamford Balance Chiropractic Studio yet? Contact us to see how chiropractic may be able to help you function at your best! Call us at 203-355-2830 or request an appointment online.
1. Professional Football Chiropractic Society (PFCS) 2010 www.profootballchiros.co
2. Gaumer G, PhD. Factors associated with patient satisfaction with chiropractic care: survey and review of the literature. JMPT 2006 July-Aug; 29(6):455
4. Clinical Utilization and Cost Outcomes From an Integrative Medicine Independent Physician Association: An Additional 3-Year Update. Sarnat, Richard L. et al. Journal of Manipulative & Physiological Therapeutics, Volume 30, Issue 4, 263 - 269.